EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
Debra Wesselmann, M.S., LIMHP
Cathy Schweitzer, M.S., LMHP
Stafanie Armstrong, M.S., LIMHP
EMDR Institute (Co-Sponsor) - 12 CEs
WATCH THE MODULES LIVE OR WATCH ANY OR ALL MODULES THROUGH THE ARCHIVED RECORDINGS UNTIL NOVEMBER 30th, 2015.
- Module 1: Fri. Oct. 9th Noon to 3 CENTRAL TIME
- Module 2: Sat. Oct. 10th Noon to 3 CENTRAL TIME
- Module 3: Fri. Oct. 16th Noon to 3 CENTRAL TIME
- Module 4: Sat. Oct. 17th Noon to 3 CENTRAL TIME
Participants in this training will learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments,develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 35 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexual reactivity, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP trauma model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck brains.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
More about the Integrative Team Treatment Model
More about attachment trauma
What participants are saying about this training:
“The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska Team has assembled years of evidence-based knowledge and techniques to understand and effectively treat attachment and trauma issues in children and adults. They provide this information and training in a professional and instantly usable fashion.” — — Randy Basden, MS, LPC, from Douglas, Wyoming, attended the conference held in Denver.
“This research driven integrative approach is designed to treat the whole family and put simply: it works. I have been utilizing protocol learned at the conference with many families in my practice, and they are realizing successful outcomes. I highly recommend and invite you to attend the conference.” — Kathryn H. LMHC, RPT from Waterloo, IA, attended the conference held in Omaha.
“The conference changed my practice in a tremendously positive way. I was able to begin implementing the methods immediately and have seen dramatic improvement in several clients in just a few short weeks.” Robyn Gobbel, LCSW, from Texas, attended the conference held in Denver.
This 12 hour virtual workshop is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
Objectives: Participants in this workshop will be able to…
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Name a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Name a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Name a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
EMDRIA: EMDR Institute, Inc. offers an EMDRIA approved training. 12 EMDRIA CEs EMDRIA Approval #01007-29
Other CEU Information:
APA: EMDR Institute, Inc., is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
NBCC: EMDR Institute, Inc., is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The EMDR Institute solely is responsible for all aspects of the program: Provider #5558.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
BBS: For California the course meets the qualifications for continuing education credit for LMFT, LPCC and LCSW as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Approval No: PCE270.
SW: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Assoc of SW Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Please contact the EMDR Institute 831-761-1040 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about continuing education for social workers. (SW boards outside the state in which the training occurs may or may not accept transferral of units depending upon individual state board policy.)
EMDRIA: EMDR Institute, Inc. offers an EMDRIA approved training.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS, DISABILITY OR CONCERNS: Please contact Debra Wesselmann – email@example.com or 402-981-6130 TO REGISTER FOR TRAINING:
- Fees Without CEs:$315 on or before 9/19/15. $345 after 9/19/15. Register HERE
- With CEs: $355 on or before 9/19/15. $385 after 9/19/15. Register HERE
Special discounts: Registrants who work for non-profit agencies, colleagues registering together, and registrants who have taken previous trainings, please contact Deb Wesselmann at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the special discounts.
EMDR CEs to be used toward EMDRIA certification will be provided to every participant who completes the course.
Refund Policy: 100% refund if cancellation is 30 days prior. 50% refund if cancellation is 15 days prior.
Questions? Contact Deb Wesselmann at email@example.com
NOTE: If your EMDR training was not through the EMDR Institute, please fax certificate of completion to 402-432-4121.